Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Wow!! I have been meaning to post this for a few days now, but Shelly and I have been SLAMMED with all of the newly engaged couples contacting us to be their DOC in 2010 (congratulations!), so my main goal is our clients and then our blog!
2009 was the start to so many great things with Simplicity.  We worked with amazing couples and filled our plates (literally) every month with wedding goodness like meetings, events and networking.  The support we have received and have been surrounded with has been unbelievable.  Our advertising is through word of mouth and we are very lucky to have great cheerleaders out there cheering us on!

2009 Through Jill's Eyes- WOW. It was a big year for us! Coordinated LOTS of weddings with tons of great vendors, we met so many great people and talented vendors that we will work with this year. Some highlights of my 2009 other than all of the great weddings we were a part of:
Talked Shelly into my crazy idea of Simplicity (or did she talk me into it??),  Branding  for Simplicity was started and finished by our friend Kristie at So In Love Invitations, Katie and Jake's Thunderstick Entrance,  Celebrating my two year anniversary with my amazing husband and college sweetheart, Winning #4 in the 2009 Best of Detroit in the wedding planning category (CRAZY!), getting a little press for being a part of awesome weddings, My brother married an amazing girl (ok I'm a little biased she is one of my closest college friends), teaching my dog (who is incredibly good looking) to be a little angel on a leash (not wedding related but definitely a highlight and note to self to add more pictures of him on this blog for your viewing pleasure),  Joel and Kristina's Wedding because Shelly and I really were reminded why we love doing what we do and that her and I really are a fabulous team,  Stacey's emails and the best EVER speeches that brought us to tears (happy) at Stacey and Marc's wedding, and the last highlight of 2009 was working with a college friend coordinating the morning of her BEAUTIFUL wedding to her love Paul!
BIG things are in store for 2010 and if this week has been an indication of the year to come, then really big things are in store for us, and it's not just my husband's graduation from Law School, and I'm looking forward to it all. I see headshots (Shelly is going to love this), a sweet website, a filled up schedule at some killer locations, perhaps a little expansion of services (can't tell..but I swear it's cool), but most important keeping Simplicity all about our clients and continuing to be involved in coordinating events that create memories to last a lifetime.

2009 Through Shelly's eyes- What a fantastic year full of ups and downs and huge changes in my life. I celebrated my first anniversary with my amazing husband Matt. We also got a little trouble maker puppy named Murray who is pretty much my little darling. Apparently my job in architecture wasn't quite enough for my work-a-holic self, so I added the job titles "Travel Agent" and "Wedding DOC" to my life. Jill already mentioned several of my favorite moments... but I would also like to add: setting up some amazing candy buffets at several weddings (you know I love candy), flipping a room from one event to another in only an hour and a half (oh the pressure!), having nachos and Faygo with Paws at Alyssa + Jared's reception, and of course my favorite groom's cake at Becky + Jason's wedding.
This year promises to be just as much fun as the last and I am very excited to see what our 2010 brides come up with next! Jill and I have tons of ideas on the drawing board and I cannot wait to share them with all of you! Thank you all for your continued support, it really means a lot to us.

HERE'S TO AN AMAZING 2010 Love, Jill and Shelly

*Photo Courtesy of Kai Heeringa Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment